So the guy fills his foot with diesel fuel and...

When I was very young, I once heard my late father tell a friend a joke that was in the first person. Being an impressionable kid, I took it as a true story, to the point of retelling it at a family gathering only to have my father swoop in and scoop me up before I could finish the (presumably at least a little off-color) punchline. I remember his horror at seeing my repeat the joke, but I'm fuzzy on the setup and I have no recollection at all of the punchline. All I remember is that it involved a construction worker who steps on a nail that goes right through his foot and a cagey older worker who advises him to "fill the hole with diesel fuel." Does anyone know this joke?
posted by DirtyOldTown to Human Relations (1 answer total) 10 users marked this as a favorite

Maybe this will help jog memory (yours or somebody else's): There's an Oli and Sven joke where the punchline involves "diesel" sounding like "these'll" ("these'll fill 'er up" ?)
posted by jbickers at 1:47 PM on April 28

« Older Made a joyful career change an...   |  I have been seeing a nutrition... Newer »