Gift for a departing nutritionist

I have been seeing a nutritionist through a clinic and, although I may see other nutritionists from time to time, I definitely have bonded with her. Now she's leaving to do a variety of things, including start her own business. I'll probably follow her eventually, but I wanted to give her a small parting gift, probably in the neighborhood of $25 but I'm not married to that number. Food is basically completely out, for a host of reasons. I would give her a book or something like that if I had any idea of her reading preferences. Flowers somehow don't seem right. What am I not thinking of? Thanks, friends!
posted by janey47 to Shopping (5 answers total)

If she's leaving to start her own business, I'd guess that an enthusiastic letter of thanks and permission to quote it and/or willingness to serve as reference for new clients would be far better than a book - only if you feel comfortable with that, of course.
posted by Mr.Know-it-some at 1:40 PM on April 28

one of those salt lights? a good mix cd (um, of music she can play at her clinic?) a print for her wall? fresh spices? (i know you said no food but...) a plant for her new office? an offer to design her business cards? tickets to a cool show?
posted by andreapandrea at 2:08 PM on April 28

Potted orchid for her new office!
posted by barnone at 3:08 PM on April 28

DarlingBri, those magnets are great! I got some for myself LOL
posted by janey47 at 5:40 PM on April 28 [1 favorite]

« Older When I was very young, I once ...   |  What's the bare minimum amount... Newer »