Roller Derby Name Nominations?
February 7, 2013 11:32 PM Subscribe
I am looking for a hilarious/punny/sassy/yet menacing roller derby name!
My fresh meat teammates and I are having our first scrimmage this weekend, and I need to come up with a name, post-haste!
posted by NorthernAutumn to sports, hobbies, & recreation (36 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
A bit about me:
- From Northern Ontario, Canada
- Hobbies: Skiing, piano, cooking (love food!)
- Pets: Cats, Rabbits
- Childhood fav. toy: My Little Pony
- Favourite Books/Authors: Catch-22, Life of Pi, Black Beauty, anything by Carl Hiaasen, Saki
- Education: physical geography, natural resources, agriculture
- Fav. Music: Old and new glam rock (David Bowie, Lady Gaga), blues rock (White Stripes, Black Keys)
Anything that is clever, or that would be fun for the emcee to shout is great. Usually, derby names combine a glam femme name with something menacing (eg. Mirambo [player in my league] ), or wind up as a play on words/pun (eg. Leia Hurtonya).
Names I've got in mind...
Leigh King Bludd
I love double entendre, - however, it has to be clever enough to pass around children (or be written in a newspaper).
So please.... Sock it to me, Hive Mind!