I'd like to put together a playlist of great live musical performances on Youtube to play for my baby. What are your favorites?
I'm looking for your favorite live music performance that is on Youtube that I can save to a playlist and then play through my Wii on my TV to entertain my baby sometimes in direct opposition to stuff like the Wiggles. Or just have on in the background while I do my parenting stuff.
I am mostly NOT looking for "Children's Music." No puppets, animations or other kid's music stuff.
I will take a great performance of a song children love performed live and really well. In fact that would be lovely! (For instance this
performance of rock island line by Pete Seeger is perfect, as is all live Pete Seeger really).
Here's more fussy criteria:
- Good musical quality! No tape hiss from a 3rd hand dub of an old TV show, iphone video recordings, or distracting applause breaks
- No harsh, raucous, or inappropriate elements (Not that it's horribly scarring to see David Bowie's trouser-outline or hear 4 minutes of Fu Manchu feedback but my wife would definitely not appreciate it)
- ANY genre or time period as long as it is tuneful and fun (or quiet and sleepy). But the less busy the better. I love the Boss but a full band version of Born To Run is definitely too much for a tiny one.
- Under 10 minutes in length and without long interview intro or outro.
- Live performance means live singing shown happening live, no lip-syncing, live instrumentation appreciated too as to be educational about how music is made. Music with lyrics preferred over instrumentals, but not a hard and fast criteria.
Pieces of a classic classic rock concert? Awesome!
Well preserved film of a Jazz quintet doing a standard? Nice!
Indie rock couch session? Cool!
Something I haven't even considered? Sweet!
I'll post the playlist when I'm done and thanks ever so much in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!