I've tried many notebooks, but have yet to find the absolute perfect one. Requirements: graph, A5, ring bound, quality paper.
I've seen this
previous question, but my criteria are slightly different.
- A5 sized.
- Graph ruled. I could maybe do narrow lined (6-5mm) if the notebook were basically perfect otherwise.
- Ring bound on the side (not the top), should be sturdy.
- Quality paper. I use gel ink pens so bleed through is not an enormous concern, but the paper should be smooth and pleasant to write on.
- Plain-ish cover
- Perforated pages
- Printed ruling on both sides of the page
- No gigantic title section at the top of every page
- Flexible cover/backing
- Faint/non-distracting printed lines
The closest I have come to my notebook soulmate are Clairefontaine
(no perforation, comparatively dark ruling), Whitelines
(mediocre paper, though I think I read somewhere that their paper quality is inconsistent so it's possible I just have a bad one), and Rollbahn
(hard cover/back; also stupidly expensive). But maybe there's something else out there?