Information and background on a mystery Andy Williams Christmas CD

My family has been listening to a copy of Andy Williams' "Merry Christmas" as far back as I can remember. However, looking up the album on the internet, I can't seem to find much information on the album. The actual album that's become a family staple on Amazon is here, however the artwork and songs are very different that Williams' more popular 1965 "Merry Christmas" album. In fact, a Wikipedia search turns up no mention of this album in his discography either!

Anyone have any information on the origins and background of this wonderful Christmas anthology?
posted by beammeup4 to Grab Bag (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Discogs does.

Scroll down for the different versions.
posted by devnull at 11:13 PM on December 13, 2011

This version is the one I grew up with. It was linked from the Amazon page you linked to.
posted by litlnemo at 1:06 AM on December 14, 2011

The CD at your Amazon link was released in 1985 and contains "previously released material," that is, it's a collection of songs from earlier albums.
posted by gubo at 5:39 AM on December 14, 2011

« Older I've been looking for a copy o...   |  Is there anything I should fix... Newer »