What should I see, do, eat and drink while I'm in Philly?
October 20, 2010 2:42 PM Subscribe
Going to Philly for my 30th birthday at the beginning of November. What should I see, do, eat and drink while I'm there?
posted by MaryDellamorte to travel & transportation around Philadelphia, PA (23 answers total) 19 users marked this as a favorite
Things that are already on my list are the Mutter Museum and Monks Cafe. Here are my questions:
1. What are some good dive/punk bars and/or bars with a good beer selection?
2. What are the best vegetarian/vegan or ethnic (thai, vietnamese, ethiopian, indian) restaurants? Does anyone make a vegan Philly cheesesteak sandwich?
3. Who has the best coffee in town?
4. Are there any good antique malls?
5. Where is the best area to get a hotel?
6. What will the weather be like at the beginning of November?
7. Anything else that I should see or do? I'm open to just about anything. We'll be driving so anything that's a little further out is acceptable.