How you gonna keep us down on the farm once we've experienced quirky Paree?
January 24, 2012 9:40 AM Subscribe
Recommendations for unusual travel experiences (not just places) in or near Paris?
There are been some awesome recommendations in past AskMes for unusual places to visit in Paris, like the taxidermy shop and Sewer Musuem. I'd love to get some suggestions not just on cool places to go, but quirky and unique things to do... things that are more participatory.
Do you have any suggestions for things like:
- truffle or escargots hunting
- cheesemaking (or perfume-making or winemaking or macaron-baking etc.)
- glassblowing or stained-glass assembly
- absinthe tasting
- gold-leaf-applying lessons (at first I wrote "gilding" but it looked too much like "gliding," though gliding would be cool too!)
- operating the lock on a waterway
- ringing a church's bells
- topiary-shaping lessons
- visiting a silkwormery
- driving on the Le Mans racetrack
- drawing/painting/scultpure lessons
- watching stonemasons or other artisans at work
- "secret"/behind-the-scenes tours
We're totally open to day (or even overnight) trips outside of Paris, too. Thanks!
[anonymous in hopes this might be a surprise!]