Make Winamp work for me

Winamp playlist help. I have a bunch of playlists in Winamp, but frequent re-organization of my music directory has broken all the links. Is there a way for Winamp to find the new locations of the files so I don't have to re-assign hundreds of songs, or, barring that, is there a smarter music library program that will do the work and can import Winamp playlists?
posted by schroedinger to Technology (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

You should use the media library instead of playlists. Once you set it up (how many times to scan a week, folders where the music is, etc) It's like a giant searchable playlist.
posted by psychobum at 6:04 PM on October 27, 2006

f a saved playlist gets corrupted, you can edit the .pls file itself with a text editor and do a find/replace to change the relevant portion of the path. I use the smart playlist function to generate playlists from my library, and then filter to select particular tracks.
posted by Mr. Gunn at 10:12 PM on October 27, 2006

Install the Dynamic Library plugin - it's the only way I've found. You still have to do a fair bit of work, but you'll be able to repair everything eventually.
posted by einekleine at 7:25 PM on October 28, 2006

« Older I need a killer blog title   |   non-zen zen-ness: oh heck Newer »