What should I keep in mind as I update my web site?
March 30, 2015 6:51 AM Subscribe
I'm an artist and I haven't updated my web site in about 7 years. I have a lot of content and I want to make sure it's easy to access and understand, and compliant with modern web standards. Is there anything I absolutely positively MUST do/not do?
- still images of artwork
- animated GIFs & videos
- video tutorials (these are hosted on YouTube and embedded)
- written-out tutorials (text and images)
- online store
- about page/résumé
- social media & contact info
- how should I split up all the different types of content? (comics, illustration, animation, tutorials, etc.) I'm worried about the site navigation getting too confusing.
- mobile/responsive design: should I even bother?