Holy Grail of web-based file management needed for girlfriend's non-profit ... so far, no luck.
My girlfriend has been picking my brain for months about ideas for a file management system for her office. I've scoured Metafilter and shown her many sites but nothing has been perfect.
- Hosts all kinds of files from JPEGs to spreadsheets
- Intuitive, Accessible to non-Geeks
- Searchable / Tags
- Bulletin board for messages, links, web addresses
- Tasks and Calendars would be great
- Budget is limited (Boss hasn't mentioned $ figure though)
Has already looked at:
(I think she likes it but hasn't settled)
- Access (I would think this would be intimidating)
("too clunky" and questioned the search capability)
Personally, I use Basecamp but I think there has been resistance for some reason. If you all want to vote or have other apps in mind, I thank you kindly. Let's put this to bed.