Getting a Job and a Work Permit in Canada
August 13, 2007 7:56 PM Subscribe
Can you provide me advice on getting a work permit in Canada. Also does anyone know about a good agent that will find me a job in and process a work permit for me.
posted by anonymous to Law & Government (3 answers total)
I'm an Asian, currently in USA as a computer science Masters student (Under F1 visa). I don't feel like I would want to complete my Masters (I'm still in early stages anyway). I would like to find a Job in Canada by the end of this Fall semester ( or even sooner).
- I have two college degrees (not double major, two degrees from two separate universities) in IT (from my country).
- I have 2 years of working experience in my country (working for USA clients)
- I have worked for nearly 1 year as a Research assistant at the University, developing web based systems for the USA university
- My experiences are mainly focused on VS.net 03/05 (vb, c#), SQL server, Oracle
- Age 27
- married and my wife is doing her PhD in USA
- No kids
My Questions are as follows.
1) Can you recommend me a good agent who will find me a job and process my work permit?
2) Does Canada have a work permit quota (similar to H1 quota in USA) ?
3) Any info or advice about the process of finding the job and getting the work permit.
4) how long does it take to process the work permit?
5) Any other advice that you can think of?
- I'm currently having 67 points (So I'm qualified) in their system to apply for PR. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.
- If you have any other questions for me I can e-mail the answers to administrators or another user ( that is if someone volunteers to post it here :-) )
- If anyone needs u can contact me through firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks everyone for reading my long post.