Living Artfully in Berlin
August 16, 2014 10:00 PM Subscribe
Let's say you're a young artist. And you're headed to Berlin in spring. You plan on fully immersing yourself in local culture once you get there -- you're going to get a studio, mingle at pubs and learn about your neighborhood. But you'd like a boost on the art scene. You want to get culturally & conversationally fluent!
posted by fritillary to Travel & Transportation around Berlin, Germany (10 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite
- What are you reading or listening to?
- Where do artists work, live and hang out?
- How do people behave at a critique or art opening?
- Who are the big players / institutions? (museums, galleries, performance venues...)
- What's the alt scene like?
- What educational resources are open to a foreigner? (classes, library access, hackspaces...)
- Any good Deutsch websites, podcasts or blogs to follow?
- How much do Germans know about their own art history?
I already have a good start on learning German, figuring out visas, and getting places to live. I've rounded up general resources and made some travel connections. If you have tips on those -- MeMail me!