If I can make it there...
April 4, 2014 6:44 AM Subscribe
Heading up to NYC in a few weeks for my birthday and I'm trying to plan a fantastic weekend. Before my job became my life, I was much more up on what to do mind where to go in NY. Now, I'm a bit more clueless. Can you help?
posted by superfille to Travel & Transportation around New York, NY (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking for your best suggestions related to:
1) great restaurant for a fun/lively birthday dinner for 8-10 people? I'm not big on Italian (although, I may make an exception in NY given the quality of Italian there); I love Spanish, Asian, Middle Eastern. Anything else is probably fine too. Any great places that have emerged in the past couple of years? Any place you have had your best meal ever?
2) Shows- I'm already taking in an NYBT performance. What about Broadway shows? I have seen most of the old classics, but what about Bullets over Broadway? What else do you recommend? I would prefer a musical, but could be open.
3) any great places for a special lunch or weekday brunch/breakfast food?
4) other unique experiences I should consider? I love cultural events, art, music, sports, etc.
5) great bakery for cake or cupcakes. I don't like chocolate, but love vanilla, caramel, and other flavors.
Sorry for another NYC question, but the others no longer seemed relevant given that I don't have a large group going to dinner and I'm hoping to learn about some new/hot places.