I have a lovely light chiffony navy blue pleated skirt that I surprisingly fit into after only a month of dieting (I bought it thinking that it was aspirational). The weather suddenly turned cold again after being unseasonably (and unregionally) warm for a bit here in beautiful San Francisco. I want to wear the skirt while it fits but need some help deciding what to wear it with.
Here's the skirt
. And here are my considerations:
- My midsection is still a little lumpy so I don't want to wear anything too tight at the middle, and I don't think I can tuck anything in to the skirt just yet for that reason.
- However, the looser tops I tried with it last night look a little silly over a pleated fullish skirt.
- I'm willing to mix materials and weights, but I don't want to look like an idiot in a wool sweater with a chiffon skirt.
- On the other hand, I am in something of a quandary over the chiffon-esque material and the cold weather as it is. I'm a little concerned that the materials that work with chiffon are too light for the cold snap.
- I do wear hose and heels (or not, although I prefer to have a little something on my legs, that's just how I roll at 53).
I was thinking about this sweater
, with maybe a camisole underneath in case it is tempted to show midsection skin.