I have a very basic Kenmore gas range in my kitchen. I like the gas stovetop and I think I want to keep it (but if I'm making a mistake not switching to induction, feel free to tell me so.) I hate this oven, though, and I want to replace it, but I don't know much about what I need to be thinking of. Tell me what you love/hate/have heard/wish you'd known about your oven.
Some things I'm thinking of:
1. The current broiler situation is completely unusable… you have to sort of drop your stuff into it from above, as there's no drop down on the broiler drawer, and sort of pull stuff out from above… it sucks. I can't use it. Do you have a drop down drawer on your broiler? Is it better? Are there any where the broiler isn't in that stupid drawer? I hate not being able to see what's going on when I've got something bubbling three inches from the heat.
2. My oven takes a million years to heat up (and even then its temp indicator is a good 40 degrees off from what my thermometer says.) I want one that heats up reasonably quickly and regulates temperature well.
3. I entertain sometimes and having just one oven is a problem. I'm looking at the double ones like this
but I'm worried that then there won't be room for a serious Thanksgiving turkey in the bottom one? Anyone used one like this? Does the little top one take less time to heat up, like if I just want to bake something small and fast?
4. If you've switched to induction, how big a deal was having to switch out your cookware? Was it worth it?
5. Am I going to be able to find what I need for under $1500 or would I need to get one of the fancy brands? I'm not a Viking range price point kind of gal.
6. What else should I be asking/researching/realizing?