Help me identify this music video

I'm thinking of a music video by a Japanese rock band that starts with a long tracking shot of a huge guitar effects pedal chain. I know it is an amazing song but I can't for the life of me recall the name.
posted by mhjb to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

The only Japanese rock band that comes to mind when I read "huge guitar effects pedal chain" is Melt-Banana.

I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for or which video it would be if it is the right band, though.
posted by Gev at 5:58 AM on March 24, 2013

...and Boris, and Ghost, and Acid Mothers Temple, and Boredoms, and Zeni Geva, and Guitar Wolf, and KK Null, and Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her, and those are just a few of the bands that're well-known in the west.

mhjb, do you remember any of the music's attributes - genre, for instance?
posted by item at 6:31 AM on March 24, 2013 [3 favorites]

To add to the list above, there's Yura Yura Teikoku and The Pillows.
posted by Charlemagne In Sweatpants at 8:29 PM on March 24, 2013

Thanks team!

Here it is! - Yura Yura Teikoku: Tsumetai Gift
posted by mhjb at 11:02 PM on June 7, 2013 [1 favorite]

« Older Last week I was on an Air Cana...   |  Help with finding a vacation d... Newer »