Help me find tasty beverages that don't have caffeine, alcohol, or loads of corn syrup.
When I go to a coffee shop, my heart sinks a little at the endless array of... coffee. Just variations on coffee. When I go to a restaurant, I flip through the giant beverage menu to discover only Coca-Cola products listed under the "non-alcoholic" section. I want more! I know it's out there!
What I don't want:
- decaffeinated coffee/espresso
- black or green tea
- stevia, aspartame, etc.
- commercial sodas
- grape, apple, or pear juice, and blends thereof
- anything where the dominant flavor can be described as "high fructose corn syrup"
What I do want:
- chanh muoi
- red bean ice
- aguas frescas
- milk, soymilk, almond milk, etc.
- anything naturally sweet or unsweet
- savory, salty, or spicy drinks
I realize this is a broad question, and that's fine. I'm casting a wide net; I'd just like to think more creatively. This AskMe
covers tisanes and teas well, and this
one covers bar drinks, and this
one covers infused water, so suggestions outside these areas are especially welcome. (Also, first question, so please be kind if I've screwed something up.)