Stark album cover with hand-holding?

Just trying to lay my mind on an album cover, fairly recent (last ten years) that is very simple, no prominent text - just two hands reaching across and holding each other in a shallow V, with a simple color background - I want to say light blue or turquoise. It's not obscure, just one of those moments where the brain can't access that information. Probably alt/indie artist.
posted by BlackLeotardFront to Media & Arts (32 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Was it The Moon & Antarctica?
posted by crookedneighbor at 10:59 AM on January 31, 2013

Light-skinned hands, if I recall correctly, I may add.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 10:59 AM on January 31, 2013

No, much simpler layout — just hands on the plain color background... thanks though.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:00 AM on January 31, 2013

Pleased to Meet Me?
posted by jbickers at 11:01 AM on January 31, 2013

Nope - more recent, and no prominent text.... here's my best impression of it. It's going to suck if i just am remembering it wrong.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:06 AM on January 31, 2013

I've seen a book cover like that - just the hands, but against a bed of really green grass (which your brain may have translated into being a plain green-colored background). Maybe that's it?

(I don't remember the book, though...sorry.)
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 11:09 AM on January 31, 2013

Kill The Moonlight only fits your description in that it involves two hands in a simple design, and is from an indie artist within the last ten-ish years. But I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.
posted by Johnny Assay at 11:11 AM on January 31, 2013

I know what you're talking about. Amazon kept suggesting it to me. It wasn't Bright Eyes or Spoon, but it was a band like that.
posted by 2bucksplus at 11:11 AM on January 31, 2013

I thought it was Kill the Moonlight too for a minute, but no...

EmpressCallipygos, if you think of it, do post it here, it's totally possible I've remembered wrong. I'm PRETTY sure it was an album but obviously since I can't remember, there's a limit to how sure I can be!
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:18 AM on January 31, 2013

posted by Nomyte at 11:19 AM on January 31, 2013

Nope! Great album though.

It's possible the hands are just really close, but not holding.

Man, this is killing me!
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:23 AM on January 31, 2013

Godspeed You Black Emperor?
posted by otolith at 11:44 AM on January 31, 2013

Nope! I always got the impression they were doing something impression on that Antennas to Heaven cover...
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:46 AM on January 31, 2013

Eingya by Helios
posted by dobi at 11:50 AM on January 31, 2013

Nope, it's just the hands and bare arms in the one I'm thinking of.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:51 AM on January 31, 2013

Much Afraid by Jars of Clay is older and not as minimalist as you describe, but it's what came to mind.
posted by The Deej at 11:57 AM on January 31, 2013

It's only one hand, but Amazing Grace?
posted by LionIndex at 12:01 PM on January 31, 2013

Is any of these what you're looking for?
posted by dlugoczaj at 12:03 PM on January 31, 2013

I don't think so... I do specifically remember the v shape made by the bare arms and hands at the middle. Brother, if this turns out to be some fabulation of a pre-coffee mind, I'm going to be very angry with myself. But so far none of these is what I'm picturing.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 12:03 PM on January 31, 2013

As soon as I read your description I pictured this cover exactly the same as your drawing but I can't come up with it either. I swear I've seen it as someone's avatar on youtube within the last week or so...
posted by jabes at 12:11 PM on January 31, 2013

It's none of these, by the way.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 12:13 PM on January 31, 2013

Your description reminds me of Six Feet Under.
posted by Dixon Ticonderoga at 12:13 PM on January 31, 2013 [1 favorite]

Possibly Hospice by The Antlers?
posted by softlord at 2:07 PM on January 31, 2013

I've still got nothing!! Argh!
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 12:22 PM on February 1, 2013

Is it Lovers Need Lawyers by the Good Life? The arms aren't bare, but the arms form a V and it's on a blue background.
posted by potential lunch winner at 5:24 PM on February 1, 2013

Nope.... :(
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 3:16 PM on February 2, 2013

BlackLeotardFront, did you think about whether it may have been a BOOK rather than an album you saw (as per my suggestion above)? Because I know I've seen a book with a cover that looked a lot like this, only with adult hands and greener grass.
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 4:50 PM on February 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure it was an album, Empress, but if you think of the book or see it again, do please put it here, in case I'm somehow conflating the two. I still haven't placed it!
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 11:21 AM on February 4, 2013

Does it even slightly resemble the photo I linked to?
posted by EmpressCallipygos at 11:23 AM on February 4, 2013

I remember there being more of the arms - zoomed out a bit more, you know? I don't think there was grass, it was just a color.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 5:26 PM on February 6, 2013

Here's a list of hand album covers.

The internet is weird.
posted by solarion at 3:36 AM on March 13, 2013

This one?
posted by LionIndex at 4:15 PM on June 19, 2013

« Older I am grossly fat and very unha...   |  I need a way to see and do a ... Newer »