Best sites for Canadians to buy headphones?

Out of the headphone sites I've come across, they either: 1. Have extremely high shipping prices when shipping to Canada (I refuse to pay $30 or $40 for shipping . . . which is what the shipping costs are often like on the headphone sites I've visited). 2. Don't ship to Canada.

Also, I'm a little worried about duty fees. If you could recommend sites that don't hit Canadians with hefty duty fees, that would be great.

posted by GlassHeart to Technology (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Everything over $20 mailed to Canada from abroad is subject to duty. All commercial couriers will charge it. It's a crapshoot whether a package coming via the mail will be charged; I've had $200 items sneak through, and $22 items charged. Avoid anyone who ships UPS, as their brokerage fee for any item is more than the amount you refuse to pay.
posted by scruss at 3:58 AM on July 19, 2012

I'm not sure if it'll carry what you want, but maybe try tigerdirect? If ordering from the States, I can only echo the advice to choose regular mail shipping, and don't get anything shipped via UPS; their fees are absurd.
posted by transient at 5:17 AM on July 19, 2012

Try Moog Audio.
posted by Jode at 5:58 AM on July 19, 2012

They don't have a lot of headphones, but Pure Mobile has reasonable rates, and I had no problems ordering from them. I can't remember if they shipped from the U.S or Canada, but I wasn't charged any duty.

Futureshop or Best Buy are options too (they can even ship to a local store, I think)... although I try and avoid the bigger retailers whenever possible.

Can you order direct from the manufacturer?
posted by backwards guitar at 6:14 AM on July 19, 2012

I had a good experience ordering a USB DAC from Headphone Bar. They're in Vancouver.
posted by CaseyB at 8:49 AM on July 19, 2012 [1 favorite]

It looks like has reasonable prices for headphones and ships to Canada.
posted by QueenHawkeye at 11:51 AM on July 19, 2012

« Older I've just been lent an XBox 36...   |  A girl I'd like to impress (th... Newer »