Help me find a backpack for commuting use that can carry a ton of stuff and maybe isn't a rolltop.
Hi! I ride my bike to work. Not too far (about 15 minutes), but I bring many things. On a typical commute day, I have my laptop, my lunch, a large thermos of coffee, a set of gym clothes, and a pair of sneakers. Some days it's all of that and a racquetball racquet and assorted small accessories (a can of balls, glove, headband, gym lock).
For a long time, I've used my 1995 L. L. Bean Classic Continental Rucksack
, but it has some drawbacks. While it is big enough to carry everything I've listed above, it sucks from the organizational department because the main storage area is one massive deep pocket.
What I want:
- a laptop sleeve
- massive storage capacity
- comfort for cycling
- ideally less than $200, but if it's perfect I can go more
- a backpack, not a messenger bag; this much weight hurts when I try to carry it in my messenger bag
- Quality. I'd like to use this bag for 10 or more years.
Where I've looked already:
- Chrome: I'm not wild about the looks of their rolltop packs, and there seems to be a lot of buzz about recent quality problems
- Timbuk2: None of the backpacks look very big
Please help. Thank you!