Is Confluence 4 the easiest business wiki out there now?
October 3, 2011 8:22 AM Subscribe
Looking to implement a business wiki with a focus on technical documentation. Is there something other than Confluence 4 that I should be considering? More details inside.
posted by colecovizion to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking to implement a wiki for a small, 25 person manufacturing company. The users are computer novices. I'm the closest thing to IT, so the implementation and maintenance has to be minimal.
All I know is...
1. I want to host it on our intranet
2. I want the WYSIWYG editor to be straight forward and powerful
3. I want different media types to be embedded in-line (photos, video)
4. Modern search ability
5. I want a company that has been around and has good export capabilities
6. I want an actual company to call for tech support
So far, Confluence 4 has come out on top. It appears to be very user-friendly. It allows copying and pasting from external sources without a bunch of button clicks. Are there any other Wiki's I should consider? I've looked at wikimatrix already, but there are so many options!