June 17, 2011 4:08 AM Subscribe
Give me your favourite curry recipes that don't involve chickpeas, lentils, peas or other legumes.
posted by mippy to food & drink (25 answers total) 36 users marked this as a favorite
MrM is allergic to legumes, so we can't go out for a curry - even if he ordered something without the pulses, cross-contamination would lead to an uncomfortable meal. I have never cooked curry except for 'cook meat/veg, open jar of sauce, dump sauce over cooked stuff' so it would be great to try and make it from scratch for us both.
- he doesn't react to kidney beans or pinto beans so if these can be used as a substitute that would be good.
- there aren't any vegetables either of us strongly dislike; we are both meat eaters but I don't eat lamb.
- I prefer the milder end of the spectrum - from korma to tikka masala. MrM is happy with spices.
- I very much like spinach, paneer and saag.
- I have a hand blender but I don't have a food processor. MrM has a slow cooker.
- Paneer and almost all spices are very easy for me to get hold of as I live in London with access to both a large supermarket and, if needs be, the Asian stores in Southall. However if this is stuff that can be bought from Sainsbury's/Tesco that's a bonus.