Bar Hopping Puzzle Hunt Ideas
February 18, 2011 10:31 AM Subscribe
I'm planning a bachelor party in a few months. As a surprise for the "bar hopping" part of the evening, we plan to have a puzzle/scavenger hunt from bar to bar. Starting at our dinner location, there will be some puzzle or task that the bachelor has to perform to figure out where to go next (and maybe what to do there). For example: At one bar, he will have to try to buy a drink with Monopoly money. The bartender will know to give him his drink and also an envelope full of scrabble tiles, which he then has to unscramble into a name of another bar and.. well..
We've got four or five half-of-an-idea things like that, and we're trying to assemble them into a full plan. Can you give us some more ideas for puzzles or tasks? Some guidelines:
• He's pretty smart and loves puzzles (obviously).
• It should be something that's still somewhat doable after four or six drinks, but nothing super-easy.
• We don't want to be the source of the puzzles or hints. They should be waiting for him there, or acquired via some third-party means. So "Win a game of pool and then your Best Man will tell you where to go next" is not a good one.
• If it takes him out of his comfort zone a little, that's good. Nothing bawdy or dangerous (or over-drinking) -- I don't want him to refuse to do anything.
• Something that some of the guys with us can help with (or at least observe) would be good.
• I'm expecting to have to set some things up ahead of time, so that's not a restriction. Arranging plans with waiters/bartenders. I've even considered stashing something and a hint would be GPS coordinates
(I'm purposely not mentioning my location and posting this Anonymously, because I know he's a MeFi lurker. I can tell you that we will be on foot in a major city.)