Women, alcohol, drugs, cash, gambling, and guns. And questions.
WAY LONGER inside.
posted by hal_c_on to society & culture (37 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
First off, I want to say that I have been researching this question on metafilter quite a bit. No need to link to previous answers.
So I'm in charge of a Bachelor Party on the weekend of Dec 17-19 in/or around Chicago.
This is my second bachelor party...ever. I always decline...and the first time I went, I felt REALLY out of place.
I normally don't belong in this element, so I need help.
Besides that, the budget is around $12,500 with 25 people. Yes, you read correctly.
Groom is a teetotaler, doesn't want anything to have to do with girls grinding his junk, and does not use drugs. But he understands the importance of alcohol, weed, and hardbodies at a bachelor party; he basically asked me to make this about all his buddies rather than him. The only thing the groom is all about is sports. All sports, all the time, sportscenter, wrigley, soldier field, united center, kane county cougars. Sports sports sports...but that doesn't mean it necessarily HAS to be involved in any way in the weekend's festivities. Its been made clear.
The attendees are crazy about the groom. Some people are flying in just for the bachelor party, and then flying later again for the wedding. Most have said that although they would much rather prefer not to, they would consider the weekend a success even if they went to jail for 48 hours.
That is nuts.
So everyone is willing to help, but before we had too many cooks in the kitchen, I wanted to ask metafilter if they had some good suggestions.
I named the location and date just in case somebody here has specific information that can take advantage of that.
Half-baked ideas that I need help with are:
1. Thinking about renting a house for this sausage fest to happen at from Friday to Sunday. Any helpful ideas there? Whatever happens on the weekend, there should be a house that everyone can "retreat to" or sleep at (yeah, people will sleep on the couch).
2. Between Friday night and Sunday night, going to play paintball somewhere. What do I need to be versed with to do that? The only thing I know about paintball is that:
-you can't play paintball in your yard. you will be arrested.
-when you play on a site, most sites make it mandatory to buy paint from them.
-i dont even know if chicago has good paintball facilities.
3. Buying enough booze to last everyone from friday to sunday. I'm prolly gonna go to Costco...should I be looking to buy beer, liquor, both, what? Can I get a better deal if bulk means "enough to keep 25 guys drunk for 40 hours"? If so, where?
4. Women as objects. Ok. So what do I do here? None of the communal money is going towards someone getting their dick serviced. They want to do that, they can make arrangements on their own. Communal money will go towards legal activities here. I was thinking of getting quite a few strippers...or even 1 stripper per hour for 40 hours or something. Then I thought "What if I could find a dungeon that would lend out its mistresses to beat the shit out of 20-30 dudes?" I'm sure the groom would enjoy seeing that, and it kinda makes me feel less sleazy. Or should I do something else?
5. Chicago gambling is pretty weak. The casinos are nothing compared to Vegas casinos, and most of the people here frequent vegas fairly regularly. Everyone does like poker though. I looked into the "rent a poker setup", and it looks like $1k would cover 10 people playing 4 hours. That roughly works out to each person paying $25 per hour to play poker. Is there a better option, or private room somewhere in chicago that could cater to this better?
6. Ending the Bachelor Party on Sunday with some sports at some awesome sports restaurants. Did I mention sports? What restaurant would work here?
7. I thought about taking a trip to vegas, but that $400/person budget gets blasted as most of the attendees will be from Chicago. I thought about renting some type of charter bus to go somewhere...but I don't know what that something would be. Should I throw this out the window?
8. It will be december, and it is winter...any fun winter activities that a bunch of drunk dudes would enjoy doing?
9. Music. I made a haha joke about having so much money here, we could get NeYo to serenade the groom. I received serious replies saying "He might be out of our budget...but how about crucial conflict, dj assault, or former members of bonethugs" WHAT THE HELL! How do you hire professional musicians? Where do I find them? Do they follow the party around like a pied piper or do they play a set amount of time.
10.Women as non-objects. Would there be any way to hook up this trove of dudes throwing away money looking to get in trouble with a bachelorette party? Is there a "seeking friendship" for groups of 25 dudes looking for 25 women doing the same thing at a bachelorette party. I feel as if that social experiment has not been done outside of the Greek system, and this would be kinda cool. How can I do this? How can I find a group of 25 women who view the men as the men view them?
11. ANY other debauchery or events that can be applied in this situation? Anybody? Anything else?
Thanks to all mefites who read up to here without posting. I really appreciate your input.
I know I'm going to need a lot of help on this, and I don't think thats gonna be a problem. I'm not getting anyone's help right now because I feel responsible for everything and have the time for it. I've seen what happens when there are too many cooks in the kitchen...and with 25 cooks, it would be a mess. So I kinda want to have a basic idea of how to fill these hours before I get people involved with specific duties. A LOT of the askme questions were of the "how do I throw the best bachelor party ever with $400 and in 24 hours from now", so I am starting early. No need to say "you should ask other people". Its in the future.
Its a lot of money, and a lot of waste. The groom gave in and allowed this to be a weekend of debauchery. This is the ONE TIME this will happen to him, and thats why people are throwing money like crazy. Help me make it right.