Imagine Disco Stick but with more marimba

An international music mystery! What weird cover music was my roommate hearing in the background over the last week in Barcelona?

According to him, it was like lounge-style covers of pop music ("Lady Gaga?" he wonders) sung by a heavily accented Japanese woman, in English. Apparently the same singer was on different songs, in various different establishments that he patronized during his lovely winter jaunt. I am quite curious as to what this might be - I not so secretly love lounge music. It would be the cherry on top if I could buy it on itunes, once the clever mefi music sleuths figure out what it is!
posted by Mizu to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Ua?
posted by otolith at 9:04 AM on January 4, 2011 [1 favorite]

Sounds quite like Nouvelle Vague, except they are (I think) French, and cover new wave tracks in lounge style. They were all over the place in Eurppe not long back.
posted by mippy at 9:27 AM on January 4, 2011

Ahah! The roommie says that yes, it was indeed Ua! Excellent job, otolith, got it in one.
posted by Mizu at 9:31 AM on January 4, 2011

« Older I need help dealing with the e...   |  I want to provide as many diff... Newer »