Affordable Couple Only Gatlinburg Wedding
September 22, 2010 2:24 PM Subscribe
I've been commissioned with planning a cheap couple only wedding in Gatlinburg. What are some things I should know, how can I keep it cheap and what else can they do while there?
posted by magnoliasouth to travel & transportation around Gatlinburg, TN (16 answers total)
The couple in question will stay in a gorgeous condo in Gatlinburg. They wish to marry in the condo itself and the wedding is tentatively set for January 10th. There will be no guests.
I know there are wedding dress/tuxedo rental places there as well as ministers, but the area is unfamiliar. Here are a few questions I have:
* Which dress/tux rental places are and are not recommended?
* Do you have a website that you would recommend for affordable, or better still, cheap, wedding bands?
* Like the rental, which ministers are and are not recommended?
* What is the best place for one romantic dinner for two?
* What kinds of events/activities can be done - while there - that are inexpensive and worth it? Like $20 or less.
* What are the roads like at that time of year?
* Is there a bakery that will make a tiny wedding cake for a decent price? Any alternative ideas for that?
* Are there any other tips or things they should know?
This couple is very dear to me and I want to make things perfect for them in a price range that they can afford.