Roll-Over Translations
June 2, 2008 4:33 PM   Subscribe

I'm a newbie at HTML and CSS and all, but I'd like to introduce a function in my blog posts where the mouse rolls over a word and a Spanish translation pops up in a box. Ask Me-Fi whizz-kids: are there any plugins, on any of the common blogging platforms, which will let me do this?
posted by Holly to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Dynamic Drive
posted by elle.jeezy at 4:39 PM on June 2, 2008

You might want to check out Lingro - it has the rollover feature you described.
posted by jammy at 5:09 PM on June 2, 2008

Best answer: I would just do this:

<span title="in spanish, cerveza">beer</span>

If you wanted you could add a class="translation" and make it format in some standard way that stands out.
posted by loiseau at 5:52 PM on June 2, 2008

I use the span option as you can see on my post here, I also use the style option to change the colour.
or you could use Linknotes plugin with Wordpress to put the translations in the web version of footnotes.
posted by Fence at 6:44 AM on June 3, 2008

« Older Where to get a good push lawnmower?   |   please, someone get Verizon out of my life Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.