What are those newspaper holders called?
January 21, 2008 12:14 PM   Subscribe

What are those french-cafe-looking newspaper holders called? You know, the kind that holds a newspaper in a stick that can then be hung on the rack?
posted by gilgamix to Grab Bag (7 answers total)
posted by Ferrari328 at 12:22 PM on January 21, 2008

They appear to be called "newspaper sticks". At least, using that term will find them online.
posted by interrobang at 12:24 PM on January 21, 2008

Best answer: Discussed here.
posted by Neiltupper at 12:25 PM on January 21, 2008

Newspaper racks?
posted by kuujjuarapik at 12:26 PM on January 21, 2008

Response by poster: Thanks, hive!
posted by gilgamix at 12:34 PM on January 21, 2008

Damn you people are fast! (Funny thing; I went straight to a library reference, having *never* seen newspaper sticks/rods in French caf├ęs.)
posted by Dick Paris at 12:46 PM on January 21, 2008

Great question, and I'm very pleased to know this term!
posted by languagehat at 12:53 PM on January 21, 2008

« Older Reckless Birthday Fun: The Mad Hatter   |   Help me set my vodka free! Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.