Any competitors to Airfoil?

Are their any competitors to Airfoil for Mac? I like the program and can't find anything else, but want to make sure I'm not missing something cheaper and/or better b/f I shell out 25 bucks. Thanks.
posted by gregoryc to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

It's the only thing like it I've seen. I paid for it and I think it's worth the money, if only to get my music from Pandora.com to my sterio.
posted by shanevsevil at 10:31 AM on September 24, 2006

What do you use airfoil for? There is a runaround involving setting up a shoutcast streaming server as an output from whatever program you are using (WinAmp, VLC, etc) and then having iTunes tune into the stream and outputting to the Airport. Also, if you can code, check out justePort.

I think AirFoil is well worth it, and I don't know of any competitors.
posted by neustile at 10:32 AM on September 24, 2006

OK. Just bought it. Thanks.
posted by gregoryc at 6:13 PM on September 24, 2006

« Older Who was Hitler before Hitler?   |   single bare light bulb seeks cover Newer »