Estate Lawyer Needed
July 31, 2019 4:52 PM   Subscribe

My grandmother passed last night. My mother needs immediate assistance with issues surrounding the estate versus her niece who may have been exerting undue influence/manipulating the deceased. Grandmother's estate lawyer is out of town until next week. This is in Santee, CA.
posted by Talia Devane to Law & Government (4 answers total)
Has she called her attorney's office? Attorneys usually have arrangements with colleagues to handle client emergencies when they are out of town or otherwise unavailable. Start there.
posted by crush at 5:59 PM on July 31, 2019

Response by poster: Mom hasn’t lived in CA for over 20 years. Grandmother’s attorneys office was unhelpful.
posted by Talia Devane at 6:09 PM on July 31, 2019

I just went through a contested out-of-state guardianship, followed by estate issues. Your mother needs her own attorney in California immediately, probably in the same county. This is not a do-it-yourself situation, and your grandmother’s estate lawyer does not represent your mother. Be sure to hire someone who specializes in contested estates. Really, don’t wait.
posted by FencingGal at 6:38 PM on July 31, 2019 [3 favorites]

Best answer: San Diego County Bar Association - Lawyer Referral
posted by WCityMike at 6:47 PM on July 31, 2019

« Older Cordless, non-gas, ambidextrous string trimmers!   |   Ankle Wat? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.