Help me find metal storage bins.
February 10, 2014 6:33 PM   Subscribe

I'm trying to find metal storage bins like the second picture on this blog: The wheels are a plus, but I'd be happy to find bins without wheels, too. Bigger' fine, but much smaller isn't. I'd prefer the bins not to have holes in them (so mesh bins are out). I'd like to use them to store shoes and boots and such.
posted by buriedpaul to Home & Garden (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
The word that will probably help you is "galvanized" which seems to be the thing that sets these apart. I've seen them called "nail bins" and other sorts of hardware type words. Walmart, for example, has some or you can poke around Google images for more.
posted by jessamyn at 6:43 PM on February 10, 2014

I was able to buy similar ones, sans-wheels, at one of the big box home improvement stores within the past year. Home Depot only lists them online in a 6 pack but maybe you'll able to find them sold individually locally (or maybe you need 6!)
posted by radiomayonnaise at 6:46 PM on February 10, 2014

Just so you're not on a wild goose chase for those exact bins, the casters were added to that bin after purchase.
posted by brainmouse at 6:47 PM on February 10, 2014

We've had good luck finding those by searching for 'locker bins,' but you'll get galvanized and wire baskets. It still narrows it down to a searchable criteria.
posted by furnace.heart at 6:53 PM on February 10, 2014

I have a number of similar galvanized storage bins and boxes from IKEA but I'm coming up short finding anything on their web site. SKRIN and MUCK are very close but don't seem to be available. I'd poke around anyway because IKEA usually has tons of galvanized items.

As jessamyn said, galvanized is the magic word.
posted by Room 641-A at 8:35 PM on February 10, 2014

« Older Old hard drive is inaccessible   |   Low income prenatal/maternity care in Las Vegas. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.