Young Lamp Love
March 28, 2013 7:17 AM   Subscribe

Anyone know where I might be able to purchase lamps similar to the bedside lamps featured [see 4th picture down] in this reader redesign feature on Young House Love a few years back? At the time, the owner said she found the lamps at HomeGoods. Of course, since we're now a few years past that, there's nothing like that at my local HomeGoods. Has anyone seen lamps like these online recently? I'd be willing to pay up to $200 for something similar in size and style. Thanks!
posted by somanyamys to Home & Garden (6 answers total)
Best answer: I found some similar by searching for "concave lamp", including one at Lowe's for 20 bucks (base only, lampshade sold separately).

I'm typing on my phone, otherwise I'd share the link.
posted by vitabellosi at 7:54 AM on March 28, 2013

By the way -- good hits went down when added "stem" or "base" to the search terms....stick with "concave lamp".
posted by vitabellosi at 7:59 AM on March 28, 2013

Try I'd start by searching for table lamp, then narrow it down to transitional (or maybe contemporary style). Hope you find something!
posted by elisebeth at 8:49 AM on March 28, 2013

Here's the Lowes lamp base vitabellosi found, I think. They also have the same lamp base in chrome. Nice, and a steal at $20! You can dress it up with a variety of lampshades.

Just for fun, here is a custom made, 23k gold leaf version of your lamp.
posted by misha at 9:40 AM on March 28, 2013

Silver and gold concave lamp.
posted by misha at 10:14 AM on March 28, 2013

Response by poster: Sweet! "Concave lamp" was the search term I was missing. Thanks everyone!
posted by somanyamys at 5:23 AM on March 29, 2013

« Older I need help repurposing yellow sheet cake.   |   HR interview followup Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.