Name that Music Effect...Eternal Sunshine edition
March 21, 2013 9:54 AM   Subscribe

What is the name of the warbling, sort of buzzy effect heard on the background accompaniment part? (It's hard to tell whether it's strings or a synthesizer.) Is it some kind of delay effect? (Link inside question.)
posted by Seeking Direction to Media & Arts (3 answers total)
I think it's being played backwards, but I'm not sure.
posted by empath at 9:58 AM on March 21, 2013

Best answer: It's an acoustic guitar being played backwards. I've processed it so you can hear what it sounded like before it was reversed.
posted by Jairus at 10:17 AM on March 21, 2013 [2 favorites]

ahhh yeah i think they play stuff backwards to give it that weird effect of seeming like everything is flying by them.
posted by kbennett289 at 11:01 AM on March 21, 2013

« Older "Nice-looking elastic-waist women's dress pants" -...   |   I'm trying to weigh the pros/cons of changing my... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.