What is this type of sequence called?
December 22, 2010 12:35 PM   Subscribe

TerminologyFilter - What do you call sequences that have a recursive element in interpreting them. I have a hazy memory of a letter sequence where for example each third letter had to be recited along with the letter four letters back. (Just an example, and the rule dealing with reciting could have been completely different, but it definitely had a regressive/recursive element.)

I remember a Wikipedia page that dealt with this and how running through these sequences improved memory and overall cognitive abilities. I have a tried google on many occasion but have come up empty.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have any ideas?
posted by Clementines4ever to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: Are you talking about an n-back task?
posted by brainmouse at 12:58 PM on December 22, 2010

Response by poster: Yes, thank you, that was quick!
posted by Clementines4ever at 1:09 PM on December 22, 2010

« Older I take my time like I take my notes: on lines.   |   Gum that won't burn my mouth? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.