What is this Tchaikovsky piece called?
May 16, 2010 9:33 AM   Subscribe

What is the name of this Tchaikovsky tune?

The version I put up is a remake by yours truly (I lost the one mp3 version of this piece).
The version of the mp3 I had featured strings and french horns (or something closely resembling them). thanks.

Oh also, I do know that it is an "overture".
posted by tunestunes to Media & Arts (3 answers total)
Sounds like the start of the Festival Overture.. also known as the 1812 Overture.

(not the more famous ending of it)
posted by TheOtherGuy at 9:39 AM on May 16, 2010

Yeah, it really sounds like 1812.
posted by Burhanistan at 9:45 AM on May 16, 2010

thanks yall. i'll give that try.
posted by tunestunes at 11:10 AM on May 16, 2010

« Older Mercedes Thompson in Blood Bound   |   Statistics help? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.