Classic 1900's bike carousel
April 21, 2010 10:48 AM   Subscribe

I'm looking for the classic 1900's bike moving-picture carousel

I'm sure a lot of you have seen it before. It's a small, carousel-like device with several pictures of a man on an old-timey bike. When it moves, it shows the man actually riding the bike. Can anyone tell me the name of the device?
posted by oviedo to Media & Arts (4 answers total)
posted by The White Hat at 10:49 AM on April 21, 2010

Pretty sure you're thinking of a zoetrope?
posted by jessamyn at 10:49 AM on April 21, 2010

A Zoetrope or a Praxinoscope?
posted by tallus at 10:52 AM on April 21, 2010

check on amazon...i recall a book once that had the movies for one all ready to punch out (i thought it was a dover book, but couldnt find it on their website) can also make them with a record player
posted by sexyrobot at 11:29 AM on April 21, 2010

« Older Canon 7D HD video: How many batteries?   |   How to best turn outlines into menus on a Web... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.