Is there a "curves" function on Photoshop Elements 7?
September 23, 2009 9:49 AM   Subscribe

Is there a "curves" function on Photoshop Elements 7?

I just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 and cannot find the curves function.
posted by tangyraspberry to Computers & Internet (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I think what you want is the Pen tool.
posted by The Deej at 9:58 AM on September 23, 2009

Curves like for adjusting lighting? Yes there is. Ctrl-M in Windows.
posted by theichibun at 10:00 AM on September 23, 2009

Oh, elements. I might be wrong then, somehow I missed that word.

That being said, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a curves function in there.
posted by theichibun at 10:01 AM on September 23, 2009

(Oops, my brain didn't register "Elements" either. Don't go looking for a pen tool there, anybody!)
posted by The Deej at 10:53 AM on September 23, 2009

Peripherally, I see that Adobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 was announced today. I don't know what the differences are between 7.0 and 8.0, but you might check to see if there's a free or low cost upgrade option prior to investing too much time in learning the interface for 7.0.
posted by imjustsaying at 11:26 AM on September 23, 2009

Enhance / adjust colour / adjust colour curves

It is not nearly as good as the curves on the full Photoshop programme but it will do the job for most snappers.
posted by cameronfromedinburgh at 11:44 AM on September 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure I once found a robust third-party "curves" plugin that integrates nicely into the program.

Here's an EXAMPLE.

Caveat: I'm one version behind and I haven't used it in a while. I'm not necessarily suggesting the plugin I linked to ... only showing that plenty of people write'em and you might wanna from a Google search.
posted by RavinDave at 3:51 PM on September 23, 2009

« Older I want to read stuff other people think is...   |   Can greasemonkey open a link in a different... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.