Cannot install Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0.

My wife bought me Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 which I only recently got around to trying to install, however, upon attempting, I'm getting a "could not find any audio drivers" message. Any thoughts or ideas. Thanks in advance.
posted by tangyraspberry to Computers & Internet (4 answers total)

What's your system like? Mac/windows?

Do you have functioning sound on your computer?
posted by fontophilic at 4:30 PM on May 15, 2009

A quick google... Troubleshoot installation and startup issues (Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0)
posted by wongcorgi at 4:59 PM on May 15, 2009

I'm using a pc and the audio on it is fine.
posted by tangyraspberry at 7:45 PM on May 15, 2009

Is the message you receive "Cannot load any audio drivers, please reinstall and try again"? I know that's not what you said it is, but sometimes for whatever reason people decide to be vague about error messages.

Beacuse Adobe says (at the link above) "there may be an emulated audio driver or universal audio capture and playback utility installed on the system, such as the High Criteria Total Recorder" and implies that something of the sort will need to be disabled.
posted by majick at 8:45 PM on May 15, 2009

« Older My partner and I would like to...   |  How do I care for and encourag... Newer »