July 13, 2008 9:17 PM Subscribe
Annoyingly specific question about a failed Flash installation on a Mac:
posted by serazin to computers & internet (3 answers total)
1. Some website told me to update flash. In retrospect, I think I already had version 9, but I went to the Adobe sight and downloaded the installer for power PC Macs anyway.
2. The installer opens fine and then gets to "Items remaining to be installed: 4" and just stops. Nothing happens from there even if left all night.
3. So I go download the UNinstaller. Downloads fine, but when I open it, my computer freezes - every time.
4. Have tried restarting computer several times.
5. Opened Terminal and put in:
cd "/Volumes/Adobe Flash Player 9/Install Flash Player 9 UB/Contents/MacOS"
It says: No such file or directory
sudo "./Install Flash Player 9 UB"
It says: command not found
6: For the hell of it, I also used Disk Utility to Repair Disk Permissions.
Computer Specs: iBook G4, Power PC, OS 10.4.8. I mostly use Firefox 2 but also have Safari and Explorer.
Flash does not work at all on my computer now, which is a problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I also welcome you to tell me a better forum for this question! Thank you! !!