, and for the first time I thought: "Twitter could be awesome for things like this!" Any similarly awesome twitterers you can recommend? (Strict awesomeness criteria inside.)
For the most part, I think of twitter as an "Incredibly Shitty Blog
," but towerbridge
changed my mind. It's not really the kind of thing you would bother to put on a web page, but twitter's format of small updates is perfect here. I can't find much else like it though, so please help me with some recommendations.
I am looking for things that:
1. Are not about one person. That's what blogs are for.
2. Are not marketing. "Choosy moms choose JIF" is a bad tweet.
3. Are Micro-updates, not Macro-facts. MarsPhoenix and CNN below are good examples of things I would rather see on a regular web page, maybe with an RSS feed.
4. Are Awesome. This is a matter of taste, and I hope this doesn't make this question too chatfiltery. MeFi has an eclectic blend of personal tastes; if you think it's cool, please post it here.
Examples, both good and bad:
1. Tower Bridge again
: Awesome. Micronews, but interesting, in a nerdy trainspotting sort of way.
: Awesome. Micronews again. Tax dollars are being spent on saving lives here.
3. Mars Phoenix
: Kinda cool. Fun facts aren't really updates though -- maybe this will improve when it gets to Mars.
: 4 updates in the last 5 months is not Awesome.
: The news here is too macro -- really this is like a crappy version of their RSS feed.
6. Stuff about people, even interesting people
: Not what I'm looking for here. Good stuff gets blogged, eating sandwiches
can be skipped.
I did find this list
but wasn't too impressed; I'm hoping metafilter knows some better twitterers. Any suggestions?