Sending email according to a schedule.

I've just taken over an email list which sends a single message to a single address which then goes to hundreds of people once a day, Monday through Friday. I have the info to be sent in a randomized Excel file. Using that file and Outlook's delayed sending feature, I want to preload all the messages for the next year. I found some VBA scripts to do similar things, but my hacking skills aren't up to modifying them, particularly when trying to set them to send for a future date. Do you have any suggestions for premade scripts or software to do this? I want to set it up, run it, and forget it, not leave it open to run every day.
posted by Mo Nickels to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you have a script that'll do the emailing, couldn't it be scheduled using XP's Scheduled Tasks?
posted by bachelor#3 at 6:45 AM on July 27, 2004

I don't have a script that will do emailing, as I wrote above. If I did, I wouldn't be posting here. The scripts I found are unsuitable for the task. And I don't use XP; I have Windows 2000 Pro.
posted by Mo Nickels at 8:25 AM on July 27, 2004

« Older I blog a bit, but I'm not real...   |  What I have: two older PCs. W... Newer »