Supplements? I need energy, want to feel good!
April 3, 2008 9:33 AM Subscribe
After years of junk food, weight gain and not caring about my health, I'm trying to start living healthier.
Can anyone suggest some good supplements.
I really just want to have energy, be healthy and feel good.
Below are my stats and a few of my ailments.
posted by sidartha to Health & Fitness (32 answers total) 22 users marked this as a favorite
A few details:
* 32 years old
* 6' tall, 225lbs, so I'm getting chubby (I used to be a toothpick)
* I take a good multi-vitamin daily
* Quit smoking about 18 months ago
* I drink at least 1 Diet Coke a day (cut back from 3-4)
* We only eat out about 2 times a week
* I eat 1 yogurt (Activia) and 1 nutrigrain bar for breakfast
* For lunch I eat a low-fat meat sandwich on whole grain bread with some chips and a small desert
* Dinner usually consists of a meat, pasta/starch and something green
* I drink a good amount of (filtered) water
* I am pretty sedentary but know I need to workout
* I have some mild anxiety and take Paxil
* I suffer from chronic nasal congestion
* Because of the congestion, I have sleep apnea and require a CPAP
* Recently I have been not-so-regular
* I feel tired, all day most days
Basically, I am clueless about supplements. Do I need protien? Do I need Juice Plus? Grass/Veggie supplements?