Yet another JobTitleFilter question.
February 1, 2008 9:20 AM Subscribe
It's time once again for "Name That Job!"
posted by cockwaffle to work & money (21 answers total)
What would you call someone who will be fulfilling the following role(s) for a small company? Think Dunder Mifflin.
- Some assistance to the sales team, mostly administrative and managing leads, etc. No actual selling responsibility.
- Some assistance to the marketing team, mostly administrative but also some strategic and creative work.
- More specifics: the position would include supervising the outgoing company newsletter and probably also some web content... assisting at trade shows and exhibits... there would be some client interaction... there would be no direct reports.
- Hopefully, the right candidate would move quickly into a manager role that will be opening up in the fall. The company wants that to be an internal hire but there isn't really a candidate, so this is essentially "grooming / training" someone for that role.
- There isn't an "equivalent" position on our organizational chart; this is a whole new role and there aren't really counterparts in other departments either.
Because of the rapid advancement opportunity, the candidate needs to be degreed and have several years experience in the workforce. So, an "assistant" title wouldn't be appropriate, even though it seems most accurate to me. Someone else in our office said "[something] manager" but is that really accurate if the person wouldn't be supervising anyone? One of the HR people wants it to be "business analyst" but I think that's something different altogether.
In the Northeast, if it matters or helps. TIA.