Please help me find movies that end with the main character dying.
November 11, 2006 10:41 PM Subscribe
Please help me find movies that end with the main character dying. WARNING: Question and answers may contain spoilers, in case it's not obvious.
My fiancee and I watched a movie tonight that is about the main character dying, but in the end he's unexpectedly saved. That got us trying to come up with movies that ended with the main character dying. As a rule of thumb, the ones that jumped to mind quickly were documentary, historical, war, and period pieces. Can you think of movies outside of these genres that end with the main character dying? Characters should also not come back to life in a sequel. Lastly, being undead does not count as being alive for the sake of this question. (Sorry Astro Zombie.)
Movies that work:
Movies that don't work:
- The Butterfly Effect (1 & 2)
- Ghost Dog
- Ladder 49
- The Wicker Man
- Romeo and Juliet (period piece)
- Boys Don't Cry (based on true events)
- Sixth Sense (character does not die at the end)
- Run Lola Run (character dies in two sequences, lives in the final)
- 28 Days Later (only dies in alternate endings)
- The Crow (undead is not Newspeak for alive)