mystery painting

Can anyone identify the artist, title, and location of this artwork? (It's a cropping of a larger work, and it may be a version of the Last Judgement, that's all I know....)
posted by extrabox to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

It tooks some googling, but Giulio Romano is the artist you're looking for. It's called "The Fall of the Gigants". The link claims that it's part of a private collection, so it's not clear where it can be found.
posted by agent at 11:02 PM on May 23, 2006

It's Romano's trompe l'oeil 'Fall of the Giants' at the Palazzo del Te in Mantua.
posted by holgate at 11:05 PM on May 23, 2006

I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like it's painted on a dome? I don't think it's the famous last judgement from il duomo in Florence. Sorry I can't be more help, but maybe that will jog someone else's memory.
posted by JMOZ at 11:07 PM on May 23, 2006

Guess I should have previewed first. I'm glad other people found it, since I couldn't.
posted by JMOZ at 11:08 PM on May 23, 2006

Thanks so much!!

You are all amazing!!!
posted by extrabox at 5:57 AM on May 24, 2006

« Older Electric Arc of Death's video ...   |  is there any way to grey out t... Newer »