Yeah, yeah...what to buy for the guy who has eveything?!?
December 9, 2005 5:44 AM Subscribe
Anyone have any suggestions for Christmas gifts for a really, really hard to buy for guy?
He's my step-dad of about 4-5 years, and he and my Mom live 5 hours away. Things that make figuring out a gift for him tough are:
1) He's quite the introvert, so isn't too share-y to begin with.
2) He's a high-power corporate lawyer. If he needs/wants something, he pretty much can buy it. Plus, he's about 63, so he's had lots of time to accomplish this!
Interests he has are:
1) Running - he recently finished the Boston Marathon again!
2) NFL football - he was a season ticket holder for the Bills for years (I know...poor guy)
3) He has recently taken up golf.
4) He is a reader...he loves biographies, often of politicos. He played a large role in provincial politics earlier in his career.
So...any great, offbeat ideas along these lines? I would LOVE to surprise him with a biography of someone he would find fascinating, that he hasn't read already, or just something. I really don't wanna buy him a golf shirt, you know?