LastMinuteGiftFilter: Looking for a subscription or experience gift for my boyfriend, ~$40, NOT a magazine.
I came in under budget when shopping for holiday gifts for my boyfriend. I'd like to find him an additional gift that costs about $40, but I want it to be something that isn't just more "stuff" to stick under the Christmas tree. Ideally, I'd like to purchase a gift subscription to a useful web service, or find a neat/affordable "-of-the-month" club.
The boyfriend in question:
- is 31 years old,
- is a mechanical engineer,
- loves cooking, gardening, video games, and home improvement projects,
- has been my main squeeze for a little over two years,
- is already a member of Amazon Prime, Flickr Pro, and Netflix.
Some ideas I've considered, none of which seems quite right:
- one-month subscription to Rouxbe
(I've never met anyone who's actually used Rouxbe... is it any good?)
- one-year or two-year membership at Angie's List (seems useful, but not particularly sexy/exciting)
- Savenor's Bacon Society
(we're both trying to get in shape, so bacon-related gifts might not be the best idea)
Suggestions for other things/services along these lines would be much appreciated. :)