What are these colored lights in the Yelp building in SF?

Idle curiosity filter: the Yelp building on New Montgomery street in San Francisco has a room in its upper stories with these colored lights. They change between red, green, and blue, and sometimes combinations. Anyone know what they're for, or what goes on in that room? Is it the private Yelp rave room?
posted by sandettie light vessel automatic to Grab Bag (7 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

A little bird on my shoulder who may or may not work for Yelp just replied to my email from earlier today with this explanation:

"Yelp is the anchor tenant of the building, but we only have the first 15 floors. The lights are on the 20th floor, it seems, and I don't know what business is there."

The mystery remains, I'm afraid.
posted by The Minotaur at 2:12 PM on July 23 [2 favorites]

Dah! So close. Thank you, The Minotaur.
posted by sandettie light vessel automatic at 2:17 PM on July 23

Does the Academy of Art still have space in that building?
posted by gingerbeer at 2:39 PM on July 23

Answering my own question -- no. But Lumosity is now there. Here's the website for the building if you want to contact them to ask.
posted by gingerbeer at 2:44 PM on July 23

Looks like Lumosity is on 18, and my colored splendor lights are on 20. I may just go over there and try to find out myself.
posted by sandettie light vessel automatic at 3:06 PM on July 23 [1 favorite]

According to this Spectrum Equity leased the 20th floor but probably hasn't moved in yet. (Their website says they're still in Menlo Park.) So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
posted by grapesaresour at 9:35 PM on July 23

Did you ever figure out what the lights were from?
posted by gingerbeer at 11:32 AM on August 4

« Older Parents, what do you wish you ...   |  My 2 friends and I (in our 20s... Newer »