What other smoked/slow cooked (on the BBQ) delights should I be getting my husband to make me? (using pork or beef preferably)
My husband (to whom I gave an engagement BBQ
for those who remember) loves to BBQ. He makes INCREDIBLE bacon wrapped beef tenderloins and his cedar plank salmon is beyond delicious. His magic really appears when he does the slow thing, though. He does the whole hickory smoking (in the BBQ, no special smoker) and slow cooking for hours and hours. He is meticulous. His results are absolutely ridiculous in their deliciousness. His pork ribs are near impossible to pick up because when you lift the bone you run the risk of having the meat just fall off in to a juicy pile of flavour. He smoked and slow cooked a pork butt last weekend for the very first time and made what is by far the most delicious pulled pork I have ever eaten. No dumping a bottle of BBQ sauce on it, the meat was so flavourful all on its own and BBQ sauce would just cheapen it! Just pure smokey porky goodness. And oh my god, economical! A HUGE pork butt is only 20$ and it would feed an army.
So... what else should I be getting him to make me?
- smoked, slow cooked BBQ is preferred but open to other ideas. Maybe just smoking other things? Remember, it is a hot smoke not a cold smoke, so stuff like cheese would just melt. (I asked for smoked cheese already.)
- I eat ketonic so don't worry about fat. Bring on the fat.
- Also, pork and beef based ideas are preferred. Chicken.... not a fan.
- Also, must be gluten free.
- Montreal Smoked Meat
- more ribs/pork butt because DAYUM are they delicious.